Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Inspiration For A Tuesday.

Bird On The Wire - Leonard Cohen
 
Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
Like a worm on a hook,
like a knight from some old fashioned book
I have saved all my ribbons for thee.
If I, if I have been unkind,
I hope that you can just let it go by.
If I, if I have been untrue
I hope you know it was never to you.

The Future - Leonard Cohen 


Give me back my broken night 

my mirrored room, my secret life 

it's lonely here, 

there's no one left to torture 

Give me absolute control 

over every living soul 

And lie beside me, baby, 

that's an order! 


I'm Your Man - Leonard Cohen 


If you want a lover 

I'll do anything you ask me to 

And if you want another kind of love 

I'll wear a mask for you 

If you want a partner 

Take my hand 

Or if you want to strike me down in anger 

Here I stand 

I'm your man 


Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye - Leonard Cohen


I loved you in the morning, our kisses deep and warm, 

your hair upon the pillow like a sleepy golden storm, 

yes, many loved before us, I know that we are not new, 

in city and in forest they smiled like me and you, 

but now it's come to distances and both of us must try, 

your eyes are soft with sorrow, 

Hey, that's no way to say goodbye. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment