Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Quotes Of The Day.

Today I decided to do a quote of the day, but I thought why not use lines from books. It is actually really inspiring hearing  some of the amazing, beautiful, profound and witty quotes that flourish from books. So here are a few of my favorite. Enjoy. G :)


"Forbidden to remember, terrified to forget; it was a hard line to walk." 

Stephenie Meyer (New Moon)


"How did people do this – swallow all their fears and trust someone else so implicitly with every imperfection and fear they had – with less than the absolute commitment that Edward had given me? If it weren’t Edward out there, if I didn’t know in every cell of my body that he loved me as much as I loved him – unconditionally and irrevocably and, to be honest, irrationally – I’d never be able to get up off this floor."

Stephenie Meyer (Breaking Dawn)


"Fire and ice, somehow existing together without destroying each other. More proof that I belonged with him."

Stephenie Meyer (Breaking Dawn)


"'Begin at the beginning,' the King said, very gravely, 'and go on till you come to the end: then stop.'" 

Lewis Carroll (Alice in Wonderland)


"Man is the only creature that consumes without producing. He does not give milk, he does not lay eggs, he is too weak to pull the plough, he cannot run fast enough to catch rabbits. Yet he is lord of all the animals. He sets them to work, he gives back to them the bare minimum that will prevent them from starving, and the rest he keeps for himself."

George Orwell (Animal Farm)


"All men are enemies. All animals are comrades."

George Orwell (Animal Farm)


“These violet delights have violent ends

And in their triumph die, like fire and powder.

Which, as they kiss, consume."

William Shakespeare (Romeo and Juliet)


"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it."

Emily Bronte (Wuthering Heights)


"Midway in our life's journey, I went astray from the straight road and woke to find myself alone in a dark wood."

Dante Alighieri ( The Divine Comedy, Inferno)


"It's strange indeed how memories can lie dormant in a man's mind for so many years. Yet those memories can be awakened and bought fresh and new, just by something you've seen, or something you've heard, or the sight of an old familiar face." 

Wilson Rawls (Where the Red Fern Grows)


"You don't care if I am a monster? If I am not human?"

Stephenie Meyer (Twilight)


"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't after you."

Joseph heller (Catch 22)


"Little solace comes to those who grieve, when thoughts keep drifting, as walls keep shifting and this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves moments before the wind." 

Mark Z Daneilewski (House Of Leaves)


"Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss."

Alexandre Dumas (The Count of Monte Cristo)


"Hasn't anyone ever told you life isn't fair."

Stephenie Meyer (Twilight)


No comments:

Post a Comment