Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Crazed

I hear you.

In the back of my mind.

Whispering, whimpering.

I know you are all alone in there,

Confused and afraid.


I feel like I am going insane.

I guess if keep talking to myself, I am.

No one else is here except the walls

and their hollow echo.

No one seems to know my struggle.


Is anybody out there?

Do they even hear you?

I hear you crying out.

What else can I do?

I talk to you, comfort you.


Maybe that means I am going crazy.

Maybe that means I should be locked away.

But I hear you.

How can I ignore you,

Shivering in the corner.


Alone in the dark.

Damaged beyond repair.

Your wings broken.

Your heart numbed and deadened.

Your dreams limp next to you, perished.


You are to pathetic to ignore.

So I sit next to my friend.

I comfort you.

My tearful eyes looking back at me.

I will never leave you.


Maybe this means I am going insane.

Maybe this is the first sign of madness.

I don't care.

You are pretty good company.

Alone in the dark with myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment