Friday, October 15, 2010

My Inner Child

today my inner child came back.

she slipped in the cracks of my soul,

like sunlight through the clouds.

i felt my ribs explode open as she engulfed me,

filling me completely.

her giggling bubbling over inside me.

i sprinkle my salad with salt

and I see it with her eyes.

rain pouring on the jungle of leaves.

i imagine all the tiny people scrambling,

hiding under the tomatoes,

crawling into their little onion homes.

i can hear their silent screams as they get wet.

i stand my jelly baby men up in a neat little line,

called to attention. injured and skew.

waiting patiently for some imaginary war they shall fight.

each little mans flavor explodes as it reaches

my mouth, the yellow tastes like sunshine.

i name them all before I eat them, head first of course.

just like a giant i demolish them bit by bit.

they can not escape me.

this gives me a secret thrill, I am big and strong.

i love the way simple things seem more fun,

like the world comes alive around me.

as i walk i dodge volcanoes, cracks in the earth

and things that lurk in the shadows.

suddenly a butterfly is the most beautiful

thing I have ever seen.

it consumes me and nothing in the world matters

more than it and its pulsating wings.

i am so pleased my inner child has come to visit me.

she makes the sun shine and

fills the air with laughter and cupcakes.

i have hidden her bags and made her cookies.

And I am squeezing my eyes shut and praying

she never leaves me alone again.


G ©

No comments:

Post a Comment