Monday, November 8, 2010

Butterflies For Africa!!!

Wow. I just have to share the amazing day I had yesterday. I can not even describe to you how much fun I had. As you probably know if you read my blog often, I am an animal lover. All animals...big and small. So yesterday (as part of my Birthday present) I was taken to Butterflies For Africa. It was such a thoughtful, special gift and right up my ally, I could have burst with excitement! Butterflies For Africa is basically a walk through butterfly house. And it hosts a vast variety of different exotic and indigenous butterflies. There are a few, very clued up guides who take you on this journey and they show you the entire process of the butterflies metamorphosis, from caterpillar to beauty. It is honestly the most beautiful soul inspiring thing I have done in a very long time. As soon as you walk through those doors you are transported into a fantasy land! It's basically a jungle room filled with butterflies, birds, waterfalls, turtles, giant koi, an adorable iguana and even cuter cotton-top tamarin monkeys (who remind me of little old men...with mow hawks :)). You can literally just stand there and be transported to another world, where the most exquisite butterflies fly past your face and land on your clothes, parrots and doves fly right next to you, completely unafraid, I felt like I was in paradise. I even had one of the little moneys sit on my lap while he was fed, he was so tiny but completely greedy, I instantly fell in love with him. It was so amazing. And it's so relaxing to even simply sit there and let the beauty unfold before your eyes. I have been wanting to go to this place for years and years and now that I finally have, I can honestly say it is even better than I ever imagined. Sigh, it was so beautiful. Really recharged my battery to its' full. And what was also really nice to see was that the animals are not tame, they are still wild they have just got used to people. They will come and sit on you but you can't touch them and you have to keep really still. They will come to you but only on their terms. And I like that. The animals are also not in little cages, trapped and unhappy, they are free to roam in the large enclosure with you and they are happy, you can just tell! It is so refreshing to see people who have such a passion for animals and who care for and strive to conserve all these amazing creatures. Sigh, what a beautiful place. Hope you like my photos, much love G :)























No comments:

Post a Comment