Tuesday, July 19, 2011

10 Day Challenge - Day Two


Day Two - Nine Loves (in no specific order)

1. My people, especially my family. They are the number one thing on this earth that I love. I love them fiercely and without apology. They are my world, without them I would be just a lost traveler, looking for a reason to live.

2. Animals. The main passion in my life is animals and their rights and equality. If I could take in every stray and every hurt, damaged animal I would. I am intensely passionate about how animals are treated and how we often lack empathy and compassion towards them. Animals are pure and beautiful creatures and deserve more respect and compassion then they are given.

3.Art and poetry. In any form. I love to create it, view it and learn more about it. Art inspires me and makes me feel more alive. I could not live in a world without art, my soul would shrivel up and die. I love the feeling of creating something. Something that no one else in the world can do. It is exhilarating and takes me to another world where only I exist. This is passion.

4. Home. I am a social been and I love to be around my friends and family. But I would rather be at home, than out. I love my bed and my couch and my dogs and all the warmth that a home holds. Don't get me wrong I am not a hermit, I enjoy going out and doing new thing but nothing compaires to home. Home is my safe place, the place I can truly be myself and feel at peace. And I love that about my home.

5. Food. I have a love and enthusiasm for all that is tasty. (Lasagna been my favorite.) But anything involving food makes me happy. I love to cook, to eat and to create. My family and I often joke that every important event in our lives has (and will) involve food!

6. Bath and book time. This is my special time in everyday. It is my, me time. At its very best. I will be in the bath for hours, reading and relaxing (often with a hot cup of tea or a glass of red wine). And I leave the bath all wrinkly, relaxed and smelling like flowers - utterly content. I love that feeling.

7.Travel. I love to explore. I love an adventure. And if I could just travel the whole world, I would. I find nothing more fascinating that learning about different cultures, arts, food and all the interesting bits and pieces that go along with travel! I even love the long flights and airplane food!

8.South Africa. I am very passionate about my country. I am so proud to call myself a South African. And each day I wake up and walk out into the world, I am blown away how much beauty surrounds me. We have so much to offer and I am so excited to see how we continue to grow and achieve such amazing things.

9. This amazing, majestic world I live in. I fall in love with the world more and more everyday. Even though there is so much in it that breaks my heart and makes me so sad, there is even more goodness. I am in awe of the beauty, the passion, the love and splendor that surrounds us. From the stars that shimmer above us each night, to the sun that rises each morning. The beauty of nature and air we breath into our lungs. From birth to death, this life is the most amazing journey we could ever go on. Every day I see something that inspires and moves me and for me that is what makes this life worth living. I do not have enough words in my vocabulary to describe how much I love this world and how much I love to be and feel alive!! G x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment