Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chinese Lanterns

I love chinese Lanterns!! They remind me of romance, fairytales and making wishes. Everything and anything enchanted and dream-like has always inspired me. So these lanterns really blow my mind! 

This is the history behind the Chinese Lantern...A long time ago (3rd Century BCE) the Chinese developed Kongming Lanterns commonly know as, Sky lanterns, as signals for war or enemies approaching. Now, many Asian cultures have adopted the lanterns for wishing, by writing their wishes on the lanterns or as a form of “release”, by writing their concerns or problems and watching them fly away. The custom is poetic and beautiful and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate whatever you are going through in your life than gathering together with a large group of loved ones under a lantern lit sky. Sigh...and they say fairytales aren't real, they obviously haven't seen a sky like this :) Kisses G x x x




No comments:

Post a Comment