Monday, May 31, 2010

Tangled Within Me

I frantically search the clutter of my mind,
rummaging through haggard old memories and tarnished dreams.
Tripping over fading laughter and healing wounds.
This dark little hole filled with questions I can not find answers for.
Gaps in the sunshine that radiates from a life well lived.
It is like parts of me have been lost in a warped glitch of some kind.
Like there is another me somewhere else living out 
the rest of my life.
Holding the missing pieces, their mind brimming with 
the answers I search for.
They wear the key to the door around their neck.
Taunting me in my reflection, protected by its unbreakable glass.
The smile of a familiar face from another world.
How can I live if I am not whole?
How do I survive when I have nothing left to put my hope in?
The hazy area surrounding me feels hollow 
even though it is overcrowded.
My panicked voice echoes. Reminding me just how alone I truly am.
The space inside me begins to ach from the torn outside in.
Clutching at my self I try to hold the pieces together.
Forcing the unbearable ripping inwards.
But each time it seems to get more difficult to stop this onslaught.
This realization.
Sitting here alone with my clutter,
Searching for something I will never find.
I don’t think I know how to go on.

G ©

No comments:

Post a Comment