Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Jodi Picoult, Book Signing.

Last night I went to a book signing of the very talented, Jodi Picoult. For those of you who don't already know who she is, she is a brilliant, best-selling, American author, who has an outstanding skill with words. She brings all her books to life, with well researched, controversial themes and vivid characters. Jodi has written many well known books, the most commonly known, "My Sisters' Keeper" was recently made into a movie. I was so excited to meet such a passionate, accomplished author and she most definitely didn't disappoint. Her energy and intense love she has for writing is tangible. And because she researches her books so thoroughly before she starts writing them, she is a very intelligent,compassionate lady. To hear her speak about her writing made me ache and long to be in her shoes, to create something so beautiful, eloquent and deep. To bring something to life using only words - no sound or colour or touch, only the imagination. Wow. It was very inspiring and soul shaking. She was my age when she wrote her first book and has been writing ever since. She has only ever written one book that was not published. If that doesn't make you want to pick up a pen or one of her books, I don't know what would. I can't wait to get stuck into a few of her new books I brought and had signed. Her latest one called "House Rules" sounds amazing. So if anyone is looking for something rich and vibrant to stick their nose into, I recommend you give her a try. You will not be disappointed. G :)

No comments:

Post a Comment