Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Love Affair.

I am having a love affair. And it is beautiful. I am having a love affair with words and paint. There is something so romantic in the way I smear the paint onto the canvas, the way it blobs off and clumps together. The way it smudges on my fingers and elbows. The way the turps fills my nostrils, like a heady perfume. The way the world disappears when we are together. The ritual of preparing before paint actually touches canvas. Its so personal, so raw. There is something so pure in the way my pen indents the page. The way the words cram up my brain, the way my hand doesn't move fast enough for my mind, as they frantically caress the page. The way the words silently flow from my mind or from my lips like a tender kiss. The way they whisper in my ears. The way they both seam to bare my soul. The way they know me to my core. The way they are candid and frank about pain and love and lust and hate and passion. I am having a love affair with words and paint. They are honest. They are true. They never let you down or disappoint, what you see is what you get. They are so uninhibited, so passionate, so real.

No comments:

Post a Comment