Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Black Night

I am falling faster all the time.

Deeper into this darkness, this anger that controls me,

this pain that never leaves.


Looking for the answers, but it is only questions I find.

You say things are simple, we both know they are not.

You have taken the best of me and left me with the rest.

This person I do not recognise.


Standing face to face with all I fear.

Nothing will ever be so clear.

Even with the blood in my eyes,

Its rusty copper taste filling my mouth.

It burns.


We are fading out, forgetting who we used to be.

I am not quite myself. I feel less like me.

Trying not to listen to the things you did not say.

I guess we are all addicted to our tragedy.


But you were my heart and my heart is my north star.

Following it is the only thing that seems real.

The only thing that makes sense.

But now each time I look up the sky is black.


No comments:

Post a Comment